|Clifton CC Open '10'|
For the first time a number of local riders tried out the Yorkshire course, which includes a section of the new York by-pass, during the Clifton CC ten-mile time trial on Saturday.
In the event which was won by Rutland's Dave Beaumont in 23-21, Cleveland Coureur Cliff Davison was the quickest of the Cleveland contingent with a time of 24-14.
Richmond and Darlington's John Byers' 24-25, putting him four seconds ahead of Stockton Wheeler junior Paul Curran. Fifteen seconds separated Cleveland Wheeler Keith Parker and Richmond and Darlington's Dave Burns, with Parker the faster in 24-40.
Coureur Derek Pearson finished in 25-9, with his wife Jean recording 30-25. Fastest of the local girls entered was Richmond and Darlington's Carol Hart, with 27-52.
1. Dave Beaumont (Rutland) 23-21
2. Cliff Davison (Cleveland Coureurs) 24-14
3. John Byers (Richmond & Darlington) 24-25
4. Paul Curran (Stockton Wh) 24-29
5. Keith Parker (Cleveland Wh) 24-40
6. Dave Burns (Richmond & Darlington) 24-55
7. Derek Pearson (Cleveland Coureurs) 25-09