|Prima Road Race|
The North-east's other competitive action came in the 65 miles Prima Road Race which was won by Richard Healy from his Ryton Cheviot clubmate Ray Weatherall.
Neil White was again in a challenging position, this time taking third place ahead of Graham Marshall, while Peter Stevenson slipped back to fifth position, one place ahead of Paul Curran.
1. Richard Healy (Ryton Cheviot)
2. Ray Weatherall (Ryton Cheviot)
3. Neil White (Thornaby CRT)
4. Graham Marshall (Tyne Velo)
5. Peter Stevenson (Middridge CRT)
6. Paul Curran (Manchester Wh)