|Stockton Wheelers Open '10'|
BREAKING THE COURSE record with his 22-24 performance, Cleveland Coureur Peter Bate won the Stockton Wheelers ten-mile time trial on the A19 near Crathorne on Saturday afternoon.
Previous holder of the record, Coureur Cliff Davison, took second place with his 22-41 which with the addition of eighth placed Derek Pearson's 23-21, confirmed a Coureur's team victory.
Now well established among the top echelon of local short distance time-trialling, Stockton Wheeler junior Paul Curran recorded 22-54 to claim third place.
With many personal best performances being produced in the calm, warm conditions, Ferryhill Wheeler Roger Anderson's 23-9 finished in fourth position, followed by Richmond rider John Byers with 23-13 which made him three seconds faster than his sixth placed clubmate Chris Row.
1. Peter Bate (Cleveland Coureurs) 22-24
2. Cliff Davison (Cleveland Coureur) 22-41
3. Paul Curran (Stockton Wh) 22-54
4. Roger Anderson (Ferryhill Wh) 23-09
5. John Byers (Richmond & Darlington) 23-13
6. Chris Row (Richmond & Darlington) 23-16