|Teesside Cycling Association Hill Climb|
Leading his clubmates, John Calender and schoolboy Paul Curran to the team award, Murray improved on the long standing best performance for the course held by Ferryhill Wheeler Nick Hurst, by covering the steep 800 yard hill in 2-31.5.
Hartlepool Cameron-Strongarm rider Martin Bourner pushed himself into fourth position in the field of 22 local riders and was closely followed by Paul Curran and Teeside Clarion's Barry Grievson.
Only one Coureur entered the event, Stuart Stanton whose time was 3-33.2. Secretary Alan Wright, of Billingham Paragon led the assault of the hill to record 3-16.6.
1. Ian Murray (Stockton Wh) 2-31.5
2. John Calendar (Stockton Wh) 2-51.4
3. Malcolm Turnbull (Richmond & Darlington) 2-52.7
4. Martin Bourner (Hartlepool Strongarm)
5. Paul Curran (Stockton Wh) 2-59.3
6. Barry Grievson (Teesside Clarion)
Alan Wright (Billigham Paragon) 3-16.6
Dave Brothwood (Cleveland Wh) 3-17.8
Stuart Stanton (Cleveland Coureurs) 3-33.2
John Johnson (Cleveland Wh) 3-41.0
Ray Burnett (Cleveland Wh) 3-56.2
By STAN HILTON